Boulder Top 10…err, 13 things to do for a Boulder Colorado July 4thThere are no NextGEN images that could be displayed.
1. Rent a tube and go down the rapids at Boulder Creek. Water will be mountain fresh and a tad chilly. Exciting fun; wear a life jacket, helmet and shoes. Be aware this is an unguarded river and tubing has risks.
2. On Wednesday, visit the Boulder County Farmer’s Market for great eats and fresh vegetables. Enjoy live music and a cold one in the beer garden.
3. Also on Wednesday the 3rd, hang out on Pearl Street Mall and enjoy Bands on the Bricks. Lots of fun music and people watching.
4. Have a civil union – Boulder is a progressive open minded sort of place.
5. Celebrate our community’s forward thinking with a visit to a local marijuana shop (if that is your thing). Colorado made the stuff legal in 2012 elections.
6. Hike on gorgeous beautiful trails. Mount Sanitas is one of my favorite hikes, a miniature mountain in our backyard. Other hikes include the Coalton Trailheadand Chautauqua or the trails behind NCAR.
7. Ride, skate, jog or walk the Boulder bike path. Hundreds of miles of trails maintained year round.
8. Relax at a park. Scott Carpenter Park has a rocket ship for kids to play on and a public swimming pool. Boulder has a wide variety of parks; my favorite offers a one of a kind climbing structure.
10. Treat yourself to a delicious breakfast before cycling Boulder.
11. Complete a DIY project around your house. Boulder Colorado home values are increasing while inventory is falling. The fourth of July is a great day to tackle your honey-do list planting flowers in the backyard.
12. Enjoy your favorite sport – Boulder has rec leagues for soccer, rugby, kickball – you name it. There are running clubs, ski clubs and golf courses to enjoy your golf clubs. Boulder is a great place to get outdoors and enjoy life.
13. Watch the Fireworks
Have a great Boulder 4th of July. Hope to see you about town and look forward to hearing how you celebrate the 4th. Leave a comment or give me a call to discuss your move to Boulder Colorado. I’m Bob Gordon, Realtor Re/Max Alliance and I’m blogging 365 days on Boulder Colorado July 4th and more. I even help buyers find homes – in the ‘burbs,downtown or in a historic house.